SERIES OF SHORT MOSAIC IMMERSION WORKSHOPS
INTRODUCTION TO PORTRAITURE FOR MOSAICS
What You Will Learn
- How to draw a self-portrait by exploring the mathematics of the face
- How to prepare your self-portraiture drawing into a design that is ready to be translated into a mosaic artwork
- How to cut smalti and marble
- The art of colour theory, and in particular, the use of tonal value to create the illusion of depth
What You Get
- A self-portrait you have drawn
- Mosaic artwork of your self-portrait you have begun in class
- You will come away with a variety of resources (books, videos, articles) that will guide and inspire your art making journey.
- You will have access to purchase additional mosaic materials from our studio storeroom
This is a 1 day workshop where you will learn two fabrication techniques working with smalti or marble.
You will learn how to draw a self-portrait by exploring the mathematics of the face. Other topics covered include colour theory and the elements of design, which are integral techniques in visual design which can applied to other mosaic projects.
UPCOMING DATES: Sunday 21st August
TIME: 9:30am - 4:30pm
LOCATION: Rear 747 Darling St, Rozelle
COST: $159 exclusive of materials
WHAT TO BRING: Click here to download the list