SERIES OF SHORT MOSAIC IMMERSION WORKSHOPS
MOSAIC MANDALAS IN MARBLE
- What is a Mandala, and meditation techniques for creativity
- How to work with marble, and how to imbed marble into two part adhesive
- How to cut marble from rods, and how to use a hammer and hardie
What You Get
- A small square marble mosaic incorporating a circular mandala
- Design methods for creating mandalas
- Working with marble resources
- Meditation techniques
Mandalas have an inherit meditative aspect to both the viewer and the maker. As part of this workshop I will introduce meditation techniques to help you create your artwork and explore with you the sacred geometry of Mandalas. I will take you on a guided meditation, in which you will then create your own mandala.
The workshop will teach you how to use a hammer and hardie, how to cut marble from rods, and of course you will then translate your mandala artwork from marble. Marble and mandalas create a beautiful combination as the marble colours are all earthy tones.
You will have the option to make either a 20 x 20cm sized marble mandala, or a 10 x 20cm sized marble mandala. The smaller size option is available if you think it is more manageable to complete it in the workshop time frame!
UPCOMING DATE: Sunday 14th August
Sunday 16th October
TIME: 9:30am - 4:30pm
LOCATION: Rear 747 Darling St, Rozelle NSW
WORKSHOP COST: $159 exclusive of materials
MATERIALS COST: For 20 x 20cm sized mandala:
Approx $40 for marble, substrate and glue
For 10 x 20cm sized mandala:
Approx $20 for marble, substrate and glue
WHAT TO BRING: Click here to download the list